Monday 7 November 2011

Elf Lords And Mages (Magi?!)

Along with my Blood Angels etc. for 40K, I also collect a couple of armies for Warhammer Fantasy; these being Bretonnians and High Elves. Back "in the day" (a term i hate!) I collected High Elves only - the "day" being when my friends and I were thirteen. When we got back into the hobby I dug the army out of the attic and  rejuvenated it. I stripped all the paint from the models and began the task to paint the 3000 or so points i had. Along the way I have added more of the newer models to the army, but I just love that old school vibe of the 90's Games Workshop Elves. The plan I have for the force is to mould it into the Finuval Plains army that defeated the Dark Elves in the famous Tyrion and Teclis story. I plan to get the Finecast Tyrion model, and "old school" Teclis is on the paint table at the moment (not a fan of the new sculpt).

The colour scheme of the army is the traditional blue and white trim GW paints its' models in. I love the regal look of the scheme - it screams pomp and arrogance to me!! I paint all the gems deep purple. Whilst I have several units and models painted, ill start off by showing the mounted Noble and Mage models I have built.

Mage on Steed

Noble on Barded Steed

1 comment:

  1. Liking the new blog so far! Some very slick looking paint jobs. Will be keeping an eye on this place. :-)

    ReplyDelete